Author Topic: Help midi in is dead on my mv8000  (Read 316 times)

Offline jay

• View Profile
Help midi in is dead on my mv8000
« on: June 09, 2021, 09:19:37 am »
Help my  midi in is dead on my mv8000 does any one know if they make a usb b cable to 5 spin cable to control the mv with an midi controller , or if this is even possible thanks.

Offline Reeez

• View Profile
Re: Help midi in is dead on my mv8000
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 04:02:14 pm »
I had the same problem. I've done a factory reset, switched through all midi related options.  Nothing helped. Then I opened it up to take a look inside my MV (which is btw a 8800) if there's something faulty. Nothing.
I put the screws back in their positions, booted it up. Checked and switched all options again and... midi works (!)
I know this is no real help. But I feel with you.
Regarding to your question with USB - I don't know and don't think something like this would work on the MV.

Offline conecthink

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 09:37:51 am »
yeah dont think this is possible either. the usb was never intended for that...wanted to check for you (since I am not Mr Midi) with a midi mate usb cable I had laying around.. but thats obviously the wrong usb... come to think about I think I have no cable usb b to usb b to even check it with some other device I have as a controller. But its probably futile anyway. A troubleshooting round like Reez proposes is probably more suited.. maybe something 'clicks'

and maybe something is indeed faulty .. cracked contact that need resoldering or something.. is the entire midi block dead? the 2 outs and in give no response?  you tried another controller?.. you see no midi activity on the light with anything you do?

you can run a diagnostic holding menu and f3 on startup. see if it has something concerning midi or other stuff

Offline jay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 03:22:46 pm »
sry for not getting back ive just set it to the side  but yeah i tried all that . i get no midi activity at all . theres  a rbus expansion i can buy with extra midi slots i thin k thats what im gonna do . so thanks for the replies .............