Author Topic: Do the MFX suck ass?  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Know1

• OG Status
    • View Profile
Re: Do the MFX suck ass?
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2020, 07:31:59 pm »
I think the MFX section is great, especially the space echo. I sometimes use it as ourboard gear, I send from tracks in Logic to it.

I also really like the analog modeling. I was actually using it to stack with a Massive synth earlier today. Don't expect it to sound like a Lexicon or Eventide. Use it for what it is.

Offline Waxdat

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2020, 03:24:00 pm »
I’m with you on that. The FX section does me well for sound designing especially when resampling. It’s so deep especially when you dive in and commit to it.

Offline 40 Thieves

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2020, 02:24:01 pm »
I have just started a dark wave project with a friend and the guitar distortion in the MFX with an actual guitar has been on every track so far. My friend who usually plays metal is playing a 1979 Peavey T60 through it and is pretty impressed. The tape/space echo is pretty sweet with a guitar, too. The Lo-Fi processor can be fun but its kind of novel. I've found it sounds sick on some drums on an intro or a 2-4 measure break. But I've found some of the other effects hard to work with. I think it was the EZ delay that was hard to use in real time. I have an 8000 tho I don't know if people have found that happening with the 8800.

Offline Waxdat

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2020, 08:35:32 am »
No problems here with the EZ delay on the 8000.

Offline 40 Thieves

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2020, 06:25:33 pm »
I don't remember if it was the EZ Delay exactly. I just know that I was going through all the MFX, playing with them with a synthesizer with MFX set on master or input and one of the effects was occurring like a 1/4 or 1/2 note after touching a key and made it difficult to play with it like that in real time. Could've been the settings I was using. Though, adding it to an audiophrase or anything else after it was recorded made it work fine. I should try to revisit this since it was like 10 years ago and I know way more about the machine and music theory now. But all in all, I think the MFX are great and do not suck ass.

Offline 40 Thieves

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2020, 01:04:44 am »
Okay, so turns out it was the EZ Delay I was having problems with playing live and the sound coming in late.

Turns out, I just needed to turn the direct level up. It starts set at 0 when you load the effect. It was only playing the delay and not the direct line in. Something I didn't know about back then. I've just been using the middle slot, Delay/Chorus, for delay this whole time because I had that experience. Well, now I got a fun new effect to mess with. That and the RSS delay is great for synthesizers.

Thanks, Waxdat.

Offline Waxdat

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2020, 08:28:59 am »
Yeah I figured that was the problem.