Author Topic: Post your Studio/Setup pics!  (Read 4445 times)

Offline dre d

• View Profile
Post your Studio/Setup pics!
« on: March 09, 2017, 02:44:08 pm »
My "studio" is just a mv and midi keyboard on a messy azz table, so I won't subject you to it haha. Still interested to see what yall workin wit.

Offline sydewayz

• View Profile
Re: Post your Studio/Setup pics!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 06:53:44 pm »
not mine but still nice

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline vega23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 05:41:57 pm »
<br />You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br />

CHAOS!!  Probably the messiest studio in the UK .... well, its a corner of a large shed that I haven't properly finished yet, music gear mixed with power tools and and other shizzle :-D . . but its a permanent space to work in, the first one I have ever really had.. it will get more organised as time goes on.....

Offline SundaySon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 07:07:00 pm »
^dope

Offline vega23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 07:13:17 pm »
Thanks SundaySon (the budding producer is my 9yr old son... start 'em young!)

Offline conecthink

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 07:28:19 am »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

CHAOS!!  Probably the messiest studio in the UK .... well, its a corner of a large shed that I haven't properly finished yet, music gear mixed with power tools and and other shizzle :-D . . but its a permanent space to work in, the first one I have ever really had.. it will get more organised as time goes on.....

jezus fucking christ dude... thats nice though. I got a basestation2 too. just use it as a controller or sample some kicks with little tweaks on the preset. missed opportunities maybe

Offline conecthink

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 07:42:21 am »
I modified an obsolete office chair to hold my mv... pretty happy with that

Offline vega23

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 01:51:12 am »
I modified an obsolete office chair to hold my mv... pretty happy with that

I just saw an office chair in a skip at work, have thought of that idea before but thanks for the reminder, think I will try that...

Yeah, and you can't even see half of the stuff in my photo... about 10 synths... maybe 6 drum units / samplers... the same with guitars... amps.... speakers...fx ..... I have an eBay problem!.....

Offline Nosferatu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 09:00:41 pm »
nice setup folks

Offline JUKE179r

• OG Status
  • Go make some music!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram - JUKE179r
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 04:05:02 pm »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 04:17:19 pm by JUKE179r »

Offline manalishi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 06:20:32 am »
Juke - that's 3 of them?! Man, I thought I was greedy for having one and a spare! Looks like you've got every flavour of x0x covered?

Here's my new (not quite finished setup). I'm lucky to have quite a bit of space, but it's not yet treated (waiting for builders to put a wall up). Not super happy with the Adam A7 monitors.

VS-2480 and MV at the centre, linked by MV8-OP + R-BUS. I'm still trying to get the best workflow between the two.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 01:36:57 am »
Dope. Hows that Integra-7. Thinking about getting one for faster workflow, but its expensive af.

Offline manalishi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 07:19:35 am »
Integra 7 is fantastic. I had a JV-2080 and was working out which expansion cards to add, and the maths was clear - sell it and get an I7 instead. I use it just as a ROMpler, don't programme it. There's overlap with the ROMs I have in the E-mu racks, but it's a different flavour. E-mu is a bit more 'out-there'.

Offline vega23

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 07:46:28 pm »
@ Manalishi - wow that's some setup, I am guessing music is your day job?

I have been rather sidetracked recently by new additions to the studio so the MV has taken a back seat for a while.. was looking for the drum machine with "that" sound, so, I bought an Octatrack (ok, its a sampler, not strictly a drum machine....), it did'nt have "that" sound though.... so, I picked up a Sonic Potions LXR, a mad little device, FM drum synth with balls... but it didn't quite have "that" sound............... so, now an MFB Tanzbar has arrived....................... I FOUND "THAT" SOUND :-)

Offline manalishi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 03:27:46 pm »
@ Manalishi - wow that's some setup, I am guessing music is your day job?

I have been rather sidetracked recently by new additions to the studio so the MV has taken a back seat for a while.. was looking for the drum machine with "that" sound, so, I bought an Octatrack (ok, its a sampler, not strictly a drum machine....), it did'nt have "that" sound though.... so, I picked up a Sonic Potions LXR, a mad little device, FM drum synth with balls... but it didn't quite have "that" sound............... so, now an MFB Tanzbar has arrived....................... I FOUND "THAT" SOUND :-)

Music is sort-of my day job, but only tangentially (not performing/writing; this stuff is 90% for fun). There's a lot of tube-amp stuff out-of-shot in that photo; that's the day job.

I can't keep away from the MV. Once I'd surrendered to its workflow ideas, it's so quick to make stuff happen. Right now, though I'm just having trouble getting the MV and VS synced up properly. Until this setup, I'd been using the MV for standalone fun and jamming. Now I'm trying to make it all into a 32-track audio + MIDI system, and the R-BUS/sync system defies my tiny brain.  :'(