Author Topic: Roland MV8-OP1 compatible expansion on eBay right now  (Read 658 times)

Offline 40 Thieves

• View Profile
Roland MV8-OP1 compatible expansion on eBay right now
« on: August 18, 2020, 02:53:56 am »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I don't know if these are totally legit but someone is selling their home made version of the MV8-OP1 expansion on eBay right now. I know people here were looking forward to the 6 channel one being developed. Could be your chance to get your hands on an 8 channel output expansion. Just thought I'd share what I ran across tonight looking for a new hard drive.

Offline Waxdat

• View Profile
Re: Roland MV8-OP1 compatible expansion on eBay right now
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 01:00:00 pm »

I don't know if these are totally legit but someone is selling their home made version of the MV8-OP1 expansion on eBay right now. I know people here were looking forward to the 6 channel one being developed. Could be your chance to get your hands on an 8 channel output expansion. Just thought I'd share what I ran across tonight looking for a new hard drive.

Legit.

Offline JohnDetroit

• View Profile
Re: Roland MV8-OP1 compatible expansion on eBay right now
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 07:58:32 pm »
I have purchased from eBay seller "hellogadgets" two of MV-OP1 compatible expansion boards and installed in my MV-8000 and MV-8800. Currently on my MV-8000 I have the most expensive board with 8 x analog out, ADAT out, extra RBUS MIDI I/O. I have been using the extra analog outs to feedback into MV analog input to drive the COSM Virutual Analog Synth as a pseudo-compressor (VCA/VCF) of my baseline with ghost kick feeding input as side chain trigger. Also, the extra RBUS MIDI out added 16 more midi channels (48 channels total) to drive my outboard MIDI keyboards and synth modules. I have been very satisfied with this upgrade.