Author Topic: Quick Tips - Things not documented elsewhere  (Read 7145 times)

Offline conecthink

• View Profile
Re: Quick Tips - Things not documented elsewhere
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 01:24:16 am »
if you are still using the valuewheel or inc/dec to adjust velocity in the pianoroll theres an easier way to do it. you can mark the velocity number and hit the pads to give you the right velocity..this works especially well with multilevel on so you have 16 set values and with a mouse to click the notes..  I have found this usefull to quickly humanise things 

Offline kalpkiavatara

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 08:44:48 am »
Hi folks, a newbie here.
Just did it and maybe a topic already covered elsewhere anyway: Using external FX with the beast.
Route tracks to the Digital OUT -> a ten euro DAC -> any stupid pedal -> back in the Analog IN -> Sampling page...
Yes, it works. Just to know.  :)
Mv8800, SY99, Supernova, EMU MP7, Zoom RT323, MI Shruthi.

Offline Seon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 10:03:33 pm »
Just a routing idea here, nothing special.
I don't know if anybody is recording guitar (work for bass too) on their MV here.
I wanted to hear my guitar with an MFX (distortion for example) while recording a clear signal, in order to change the sound of the effect as I want afterwards.
I routed the MFX to the master out and my drum and bass tracks to the multi out 1 using the digital out (can use OP1 analog out too if you have).
That let me record the clean signal of my guitar hearing the sound of the effect on it (through the master out) while being able to listen to my drum and bass without changing their sound.
Of course you can also leave the drum and bass (and whatever sound you want) going through the master out and have their sound being affected by the MFX only the time of the recording but in my case I wanted to hear those sounds without effect.