Author Topic: Hey MV'ers. Welcome to the basement.  (Read 2735 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey MV'ers. Welcome to the basement.
« on: February 06, 2017, 06:53:20 pm »
A little section for general chit-chat. Props to Spesh for the suggestion. Originally had a section like this, but didn't think anyone would use it, what with all the social media etc. Will see what happens.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:09:51 am by admin »

Offline dre d

• View Profile
Re: Hey MV'ers. Welcome to tha basement.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 07:30:55 pm »
Im dre dizzle ;D

Upgraded to the 88k from a mp1k couple yrs ago. Night and day
Good stuff with the forums
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:04:58 pm by dre d »

Offline Sinosure

• View Profile
Re: Hey MV'ers. Welcome to tha basement.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 08:12:24 pm »
Great to see an MV site up again!!
"There's something on every record." - Pete Rock

Offline Soul One

• Global Moderator
  • SON OF AUTUMN
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Hey MV'ers. Welcome to the basement.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 04:47:39 am »

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 08:53:49 pm »
Closed the laptop lid after ten years straight of Ableton and four years previous to that mucking about with Cubase, Sonar, Acid Pro, FL Studio, Nuendo.

ITB production just didn't satisfy anymore after nearly 15 years.

Researched samplers and had prior experience with an SU700 in the late 90's as my centerpiece coupled with a few hardware synths and my guitar stuff I sampled in. The MV8800 was, according to my researching, King of the Samplers. Turns out, it was and is a crazy great system for a centerpiece and sequencing many hardware synths. Bought mine in 2014 and a second one this year. Haven't gone back to DAWs at all, nor do I want to anytime soon.

Best sequencer, hands down, of any hardware or software I've tried and has a whole list of crazy features ahead of its time. Continues to surprise me all the time.

Its the King and until I see pigs fly or Akai get its shit together (one has about as much chance as the other) , It will stay centerpiece.

Workflow change was a little tough, but once grasped, it is slower than PC, but does all I need.

I now output my control room outs to my ipad and Meteor or Auria, and run a quick conversion to get a final wav file I can do with for other projects.

Good to see this site up!

Offline Winerz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 04:28:26 am »
Hellooo there! So glad to see this site, used to love the old MV Nation. Major props for the effort in getting this one up.

Maybe there's some way to scrape old site MVN content using Wayback machine? Could live in an archive section or something?

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 10:05:39 pm »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hellooo there! So glad to see this site, used to love the old MV Nation. Major props for the effort in getting this one up.

Maybe there's some way to scrape old site MVN content using Wayback machine? Could live in an archive section or something?

Yeah a user emailed me, said hes got the SQL database of the old MV nation. He's outta town for a couple months but said when he gets back he will forward it, and we can try incorporate it here. Im hoping it will come together.

Offline manalishi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 08:39:36 am »

Yeah a user emailed me, said hes got the SQL database of the old MV nation. He's outta town for a couple months but said when he gets back he will forward it, and we can try incorporate it here. Im hoping it will come together.

That would be great. So many times I find mentions and all paths lead to 404-land. Really appreciate your efforts here.

Like someone said above, the MV was the start of my DAW-freedom. But I've also been following the MPC Live/X development for a while and saw the X briefly when one of the developers popped by. It's very slick and has got a lot of plusses, but maybe when the MPC firmware is up to v3.5, it'll be as finished as the MV software. Until then, I'll wait and enjoy the MVing.

Next step for me is to get it hooked up to the VS-2480. I know it's a well-trodden path, and if anyone here has advice, I'm all ears. :)