Author Topic: Pattern mode problem  (Read 2910 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pattern mode problem
« on: August 11, 2019, 08:54:47 pm »
A problem in pattern mode I just found that is new to me and sucks if you get caught out.
Was working on a 8 bar pattern, then start concentrating on a 2 bar section, and since you cant change loop times in pattern mode, I set the pattern length (in pattern parameters) to be 2 bars so it loops the small section. The other 6 bars is still there, and I change back and forth as I go along.
Save the project, the full 8 bars is still there, but I was still looping the 2 bars when I turn the machine off.  When I turn it on today the other 6 bars are erased.  >:(

Offline conecthink

• View Profile
Re: Pattern mode problem
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 01:18:36 am »
yep..just recreated. and the same thing happened

Offline the PMO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 05:34:40 pm »
Is it perhaps related to the sequence length/settings? I work in song mode so correct me if I'm wrong. I think you can set the pattern length and the looping mode separately. If you move the data outside the sequence length area perhaps it's not being saved? Loop length refers to the looper itself which can be used at any point in the sequence. Pattern length sets the measures which will be considered the pattern.

Offline keefaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 06:05:46 pm »
I noticed same thing, it erases measure outside the selected range if you exit from the pattern page

So now when I want to work on pattern bits, I go into song mode and insert the pattern tracks and measures then after the changes I select all wanted tracks and measures and copy to the old pattern.

Advantage in song mode is I can loop between measures 3 & 4 (for example) while in pattern mode I can only reduce length
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 06:07:23 pm by keefaz »